If you are a youth, concerned family member or friend, contact us at:
- [email protected] or go to our contact page.
- 101-32555 Simon Avenue Abbotsford, BC V2T 4Y2 (FOUNDRY Abbotsford)
If you are a referring agency or school:
- Fill out a referral & email to [email protected] or fax to 604-746-7399.
- A counsellor will follow up with the referred youth to set up an initial contact, usually within a week or less.
- If you have questions about the referral process, consult our referral FAQ.
- We will discuss consent to disclose information with all referred clients. You can also download and fax a signed Release to us.
- If you have any questions or concerns about anything regarding your or a client’s interactions with Impact programs/staff, please contact our Executive Director, Brian Gross, in confidence at [email protected] or by cell at 604-897-8066.
- All of our services are free.
- Our services are confidential, but we may involve other supports if someone is in danger.
- We acknowledge that the majority of people use some substances to some level.
- We acknowledge that experiences with substance use are varied.
- Youth don’t have to want to stop using any or all substances in order to be involved with Impact services.
- Our goal is to help youth understand and pursue what is important to them.
- We don’t assume we know what would be best for anyone.
Who We Serve
- Youth age 12-24 with concerns or questions about their own or someone else’s substance use.
- Friends and family who are concerned about the substance use of a youth (12-24).
- We also present to community groups about issues related to youth substance use.
What We Offer
- Individual Counselling that may focus on anything associated with substance use, such as difficult feelings, thoughts, experiences, relationships, or other issues.
- New Direction group that introduces Impact’s services and encourages critical thinking around substance use.
- DIG (Drop In Group) weekly group for digging into concerns, goals and questions in life and looking at how substance use might connect to these.
- Activities, including weekly recreational programs, special programs on Pro-D days and during summer, winter and spring breaks.
- Referrals to other services in the community.
- Parent and caregiver support and educational group with monthly follow-up meetings.
- Family and couples counselling around substance use related issues.